Why Should You Create a Personal or Family History Project?
Whether you produce a personal history project yourself, hire someone to help you, or arrange to help a loved one, experience the satisfying process of life review first hand. Your legacy story can be shared with your family and later generations, or it can remain private. You choose.
Find APH members near you today.
There are many reasons to create a personal history
- Celebrate your life and share your life experiences with others
- Preserve important family stories and memories
- Gain insight into yourself and the struggles, choices, and forces that shaped your life
- Find direction for the rest of your life
- Share your wisdom and the lessons you've learned
- Heal, especially if your life has been marked by pain or tragedy
- Celebrate a life or create a tribute to someone who has died or is dying
- Connect names and stories with those old family photos
- Bring life to the family tree
- Make connections between the generations of your family
- Bear witness to events that affected many people
- Set the record straight and tell your side of the story
- Give back to the community
- Create a gift from one generation to the next
Remember: your life story may be your most important legacy.