Family members often commission life stories or video tributes to celebrate a life or as a tribute to someone who has died or is dying. As personal historians, we see in eyes wet with tears of pride and gratitude how special this gift can be. Whether you create a personal history yourself, hire someone to help you, or arrange to help a loved one, we hope you will experience first-hand how satisfying the process of life review can be and how priceless a legacy for the family and later generations. Contribute to history! Tell your life story or that of someone in your family.
There are many, many reasons to create a personal history.
- Celebrate your life - and share your life experiences with others
- Preserve important family stories and memories
- Gain insight into yourself and the struggles, choices, and forces that shaped your life
- Find direction for the rest of your life
- Share your wisdom and the lessons you've learned
- Heal - especially if your life has been marked by pain or tragedy
- Put names and stories with those old family photos
- Bring life to the family tree
- Connect the generations
- Bear witness to events that affected many
- Set the record straight - to tell your side of the story
- Give back to the community
- As a gift from one generation to the next
- Your life story may be your most important legacy